Key-Value-Store (KVS) Accelerator for Data Center Storage
Xilinx partners with MLE to market Key-Value-Store (KVS) Accelerator technology for datacenter applications. This unique implementation combines a dataflow / streaming processing architecture for performance scalability with the size, weight and power benefits of an integrated solution in a heterogeneous multi-core processing system-on-chip (MPSoC).
Featuring a network accelerator stack plus an out-of-order memory controller, high data throughput can be achieved while balancing between low-latency access and large storage capacities via integrated interfaces to connect to DDR3/DDR4 DRAM, Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Solid-State Disk (SSD), or SATA/SAS SSD or Harddisks (HDD).
MLE is a licensee of Xilinx and offers sub-licensing, technology support and complementary design services for integrating KVS Accelerator technology into your application.
- Accelerating Memcached servers in OLTP data center applications.
- Object storage for hyper-converged storage nodes.
- Hybrid SSD/HDD Key-Value Drives.
- FPGA-based Key-Value load/store processing for data center server CPUs.
- “Full Accelerator” in programmable logic for line-rate TCP/IP and Memcached processing.
- Scalable performance to deliver processing speeds at 10, 25, 40, or 100 GigE line rates.
- Total Server Power reduction via heterogeneous computing architecture.
- Integrated System-on-Chip solution for Zynq Ultrascale+, or as PCIe-connected companion FPGA.
- Modular implementation in HDL and C/C++ for Vivado HLS. Supports Xilinx HLx and SDx design flows.
- Parameterizable for trade-offs between latency and capacity via DRAM, NVMe, SATA, SAS.
- Fully networked with 10/25/40/100 GigE connectivity.
High-performance, low-power - many million responses per second (RPS) at over 200k RPS per Watt
- 13M RPS at 35 Watts board-level, measured at 10 GigE,
- 100M RPS, extrapolated for 100 GigE.
- Tested and benchmarked on object sizes between 128 Bytes to 1M Bytes.
- Software-defined complete & customizable sub-system based on Xilinx IP cores for out-of-order memory controller, TCP/UDP/IP stack, hash table, DDR3/DDR4 DRAM, NVMe/SATA/SAS SSD and/or HDD interfaces.
KVS Accelerator is available for the following FPGA families:
Available for: Kintex Ultrascale, Virtex-Ultrascale.
Available for: Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC.
Please contact MLE if you are interested in support for other Xilinx FPGA devices.
Zynq Ultrascale+ Evaluation System
- Targeted to Xilinx ZU9EP.
- Quad-Core ARM A53 runs Xilinx PetaLinux.
- SFP+ for 10GigE via Twinax or Fibre.
- Supports Vivado 2016.3, or newer, design flow with High-Level Synthesis design option.
The KVS Accelerator is available as a combination of Intellectual Property (IP) Cores, reference designs, and design integration services:
KVS Accelerator Device
Integrated System-on-Chip solution, built on top of Xilinx Zynq-Ultrascale+ technology, integrating KVS acceleration with 10/25/100 GigE and SATA and/or NVMe, and others.
Based on NRE and unit volume
10/25 GigE KVS Card
|Networked Key-Value-Store Card with 10/25 GigE, pre-programmed with KVS; also available as a complete reference design.||14,800.00 € (min. order quantity of 5)|
Intellectual Property (IP) Cores
Single-Project or Multi-Project Use for Xilinx FPGA; Modular and application-specific IP cores, and example design projects; delivered as encrypted netlists or HDL/C/C++ source code.
starting at 98,000.00 €
Application-specific R&D Services
|Advanced KVS acceleration R&D services with access to acceleration experts from MLE, Xilinx or Fraunhofer HHI.||
1,820.00 € per engineering day
Please contact MLE for additional details on KVS Accelerator products and services.
Datasheets and Documentation
Please refer to these Technical Publications for first information on KVS Acceleration:
- "Dataflow Architectures for 10Gbps Line-rate Key-value-Stores"
- "Scaling Out to a Single-Node 80Gbps Memcached Server with 40Terabytes of Memory"
- "Heterogeneous Architectures for Implementation of High-Capacity Hyper-Converged Storage Nodes"
Additional documentation available upon request.